Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

April Showers Bring May Wow-ers!

 

I’m thinking I’ll have my students write poems this month. With the focus on how pretty it looks and feels outside, this should be an easy enough inspiration! I’ll post their poems on large flower, umbrella, cloud, butterfly, or tree templates. Hanging them from string around the room or in the hall for Spring Open House would decorate the room nicely. Any suggestions?

I’ve done a poem before where the students fill in the blanks with what they see, hear, smell, etc. Then, I cut off (or fold back) the beginning part of the sentence to make it sound more like poetry than a narrative.

I see…_____________________________________

I hear…____________________________________

I smell…____________________________________

I feel…_____________________________________

I touch…____________________________________

I taste…____________________________________

‘Just a fun idea. This time of year is one of my favorites! Visit my Teacher’s Notebook shop and/or Teachers-Pay-Teachers shop (look on the right side of my blog for a link to these) for more ideas.

*I’m running a Spring into Spring 15% off sale on both sites!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs