Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Little Summer-Planning Allows You to Sit Back and Watch Your Classroom Run Itself!

Getting some rest?

Planning your classroom in your mind? I know I do…every summer!

I learn something new every year. I feel like experience helps me “tweak” to make everything run more smoothly with each, new year.

I plan to use several things this year that will make my classroom run itself, like an automatic! In addition to utilizing student notebooks to house all of their writing, grammar, vocabulary, etc., I have decided that using literacy stations with a timer is the best way to manage my classroom. Students work alone or with a partner on student-centered, enrichment (GT), writing, reading, spelling, etc. activities while I conference with each student or work with a small group on areas of improvement. It works like a well-oiled machine!

Most of my career has been focused on struggling readers from a low socioeconomic background and English Language Learners. Understanding that limited vocabulary, fluency, and background knowledge are areas to address with these students is key. Finding the time in the day to work with these students means the rest of the class needs to be self-sufficient. Literacy work stations is the answer to this problem for me. All I have to do is push START, and it will take off!

Contact me if you have any questions about how to incorporate work-stations in your classroom or you'd like to share ideas! Check out my shop/store on Teachers-Pay-Teachers & Teachers Notebook for products that can help you get started. ‘No sense in reinventing the wheel!

TpT: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/I-Heart-Middle

T.N.: http://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/IHEARTMIDDLE

 

Happy Teaching!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs